iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Favorite 90's animated movies anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite 90's animated movies anyone?
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From ages 9 in the beginning till 18 at the end of the 90's, i grew up with these and these are my faves.

Ghost in The Shell. (I saw this in theaters back in early 96 when my uncle from Las Vegas was visiting and i had him take me to see it at one of my city's theaters and loved it! just as awesome as Akira)
Princess Mononoke.
The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Aladdin.
A Goofy Movie.
Toy Story 1 & 2.
Ferngully The Last Rainforest.
Batman Mask of the Phantasm.
Perfect Blue.
Ninja Scroll.
Porco Russo.
The Iron Giant.
Beauty and The Beast.
South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut.
Mulan.
Beavis and Butt-Head Do America.
Ducktales The Movie.
The Rescuers Down Under.
Antz.
A Bug's Life.
Balto.
An American Tail Fievel Goes West.
Ranma 1/2 1 & 2 movies.
Armitage III Poly-Matrix.
Roujin-Z.
The Cat Returns.
Gargoyles The Movie.
The Halloween Tree.
The Hunchback of Nortre Dame.
Tarzan.

Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love The Iron Giant (1999)!
Very good and clever story that takes place during the height of the Cold War (1957).

-

I also love the anime flicks Ghost in the Shell, Princess Mononoke, Ninja Scroll and Porco Rosso.
Jin Roh: The Wolf Brogade is also a good one.

-

Never seen Perfect Blue.

Always liked the Disney movies Aladdin and Mulan
and Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is one of the best movies in the Batman franchise.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's not forget Don Bluth's stellar output during the decade as well. Of the half dozen or so films that hit theaters during the decade, Rock-a-Doodle and Anastasia stand out the most for me as among his very best works (although An American Tail is still his very best for me).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not animated shows but animated movies, look again.
Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HarryCanyon:
Not animated shows but animated movies, look again.

oops..sorry...my bad

in that case...

Princess Mononoke
Armitage III Poly Matrix
Sailor Moon R: Promise of the Rose
Street Fighter 2: The Movie
Samurai X
Aladdin
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Perfect Blue
Ninja Scroll
The Lion King
The Rescuers Down Under
Tiny Toon Adventures: Summer Vacation
Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp
A Goofy Movie

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
Oooh Summer Vacation rocked and so did Samurai X, thanks for reminding me. Street Fighter 2 The Movie was awesome and Sailor Moon is a guilty pleasure of mine for i had a crush on some of the girls when i was a teenager in the late 90's.
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
castle of cagliostro, The Ghost in the shell and Howls moving castle...all very cool, amusing, entertaining and christian bales voice in howls moving castle is awsome.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
Howl's came out in 2003 and Castle came out in 1979 not the 90's.
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
ahhhhhhh sorry harry....im a plonker!! Shows how much i know harry, anyway, did you like them??
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
Of course, i saw Castle in the mid 90's when i was 14 years old when i had my anime obsession thanks to Akira. I saw Ghost in The Shell in theaters when i was 14 as well as i went to see it with my uncle who lives in Las Vegas to see it, loved it! do you think it inspired The Matrix? and i saw Howl's Moving Castle in theaters as well 7 years ago in one of my city's theaters and loved it.
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Harry, i thought i was the only one who thought the matrix could have possibly been inspired by jap anima...i enjoyed ghost in the shell better than the sequel. Would have loved to see howls in the cinema
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Would have loved to see howls in the cinema
Go to the source books; Diana Wynne Jones is the finest children's author Britain produced after 1950.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
will do logan, thanx
Antwuan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7763

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Antwuan   Email Antwuan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In no order:

Toy Story
Toy Story 2
A Goofy Movie
The Lion King
Beauty and The Beast
Pocahontas
The Little Mermaid
Cinderella
Snow White
Aladdin and The King of Thieves

I also like Oliver and Company although it was made in (1988).

Posts: 67 | From: Decatur,GA | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home