iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Anyone Know this title??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone Know this title??
Bdude129
Rewind Curious
Member # 8295

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bdude129   Email Bdude129       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's about a couple kids trying to figure out what's at the bottom of a strip mine that's been filled in with water. The middle of the "lake" bubbles and they get scared and run away. In the end, I think one of the kids faces his fear and stays around to see what it is. That's about all I have for the plot. Some other info I can remember... The beginning has a kid riding along a homemade rail car and that's how he gets to school. He's the class dork and gets beat up/made fun of. There's also a fish tank with an old school diving outfit at the bottom (The full metal suit type with a round, swing open front and has an oxygen line that goes up to the boat.) that makes bubbles and that's how they get the idea there might not be a monster at the bottom of the "lake" but something creating the bubbles they see at the surface.

And there's a crane - The machine, not the animal.

Appreciate ANY help!
Thanks everyone!

Posts: 2 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey welcome to rewind, i think the Film your after is Frog Dreaming (1986) aka The Quest.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091810/

They have the film on youtube if you want to watch it. [Smile]

Posts: 728 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bdude129
Rewind Curious
Member # 8295

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bdude129   Email Bdude129       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hewzy Thank you! That's it!!

My brother and I have been tryin to figure this out for weeks/months.

Thanks man!

Posts: 2 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No worrys, glad I could help [Smile]
Posts: 728 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home