iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » movie help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: movie help
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im shocked i need help because i have a really good memory when it comes to movie titles but im now stuck.

All i can remember is this little boy crying and hugging his dad as he dies lying on this table (i think it was in a locker room). Also i might be wrong but i think his dad had just been in a karate or kungfu competion/fight

i know its a long shot but its been driving me mad i remember it was the first film to make me wanna cry (hey i was only young)pleeeeeeeease someone help i know its a hard one

Posts: 425 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like it would be The Champ with a very young Ricky Schroeder.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No this film was about karate or fung fu but thanx for the reply.
anyone else have any ideas?????????

Posts: 425 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

18 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds exactly like 'The Champ'. The film ends in a locker room with the Dad dying, and the kid saying "Please wake him up... somebody wake him up..."

It's a well-known tearjerker film, and that particular scene is always on 'saddest movie moment' type lists.

Posts: 3007 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 18  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
ive seen the champ and i know this isnt the movie. maybe im mixing up two movies does anyone know any sad kungfu/karate type movies maybe its one of them
jvcreativity
Rewind Curious
Member # 4906

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jvcreativity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is DEFINATELY The Champ!

.. was the boy a little blonde haired boy?
... same as the dying father?

This was probably the first time i ever cried because of a movie.

Posts: 6 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
this is NOT the champ ive seen that movie before maybe the film i saw was a kind of rip off anyone got any ideas apart from the champ???????????????????????????????
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
ok everyone forget i said anything about the locker room and the kids dad dying.

Does anyone know any karate/kungfu (american movie)thats sad and about a boy and his dad plaese no one say karate kid

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home