iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80s prep school movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80s prep school movies
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey guys i saw the post about class and thats an 80s classic i need to get and then it had me thinking what are some other great prep school type movies that i should check out class is the only one i know of except for private school soany suggestions would be great
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Booger   Email Booger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out Making the Grade
Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool thanks booger by the way cool name [Smile]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Booger   Email Booger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certainly. Thank you.
Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't think of any off the top of my head (though I'm sure there's tons I've seen or even that I own), but I have noticed in general the overall '80s attitude was kinda "preppie"-ish, and that's reflected in movies and TV shows.

The very man who is my namesake - Michael J Fox - I always thought had that quality to him. Whether as Alex Keaton, Brantley Foster, or the one and only McFly.

If I were describing it to someone unfamilar, I'd say it's just generally an up-natured, good guy who's probably into Pac Man and MTV more than getting in trouble, if that makes sense.

I mean this in a good way, btw! [Smile]

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home