iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Rock & Rule

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rock & Rule
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been interested in this movie since I first heard about it on this very website at my grandma's house during the hurricane evacuation...

I'll be getting the R&R Collector's Edition DVD for Christmas this year, & I can't wait to see that movie! It looks cool! [Big Grin]

And for the record, Earth, Wind, & Fire should release that song they did for the club scene. [Wink]

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a post-apocalyptic future, a legendary rock superstar who appears to have fallen, but not totally out of favor, kidnaps Angel, a new female rocker, to sing for him to open a portal into a darker dimension. It's up to Angel's bandmates to save her from his evil clutches. I remember the music being superb and the animation is pretty good. I choose the movie "Heavy Metal" over it, but it was decent from what I recall.

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fascinating! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite Earth, Wind, & Fire song in a movie was in the film "Private Lessons".

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
The one they did for the club scene was called "Dance, Dance, Dance", I believe.

Gaw, we should petition to get an offical soundtrack made.

The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did the review on this site, I have the 2-disc DVD set and it's great, the Devil & Daniel Mouse cartoon on the 2nd disc is enjoyable, you can see where they got inspiration/ideas for R&R from.

If you want that EW&F track at high quality just rip it from the end credits of the film, there's no film dialogue when they play it then.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Ooh...fascinating! [Big Grin]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
I read the script the other night, & I'm a bit confused--why are the American & Canadian versions so different?
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
And for the record, I just burned a private soundtrack to the movie.
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
But unfortunately, I can't give it to anybody for fear of breaking copyright laws. [Frown]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
But anyway, I think the American version's a little better.
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
I just got the DVD--the 2-disc set! [Big Grin]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
On the DVD, I just checked out the special features, & they are awesome! [Big Grin]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Anyone else have the DVD?
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Or the rare VHS? [Wink]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
I don't have the video.
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an original Rock & Rule VHS, it cost me a bank breaking £1 [Wink]
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Good gosh, that's cheap!
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
My mom got my DVD copy for only 26.00...

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home