iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Cheesy Movies We Love: A NIGHT IN HEAVEN

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cheesy Movies We Love: A NIGHT IN HEAVEN
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I caught the last 15 minutes of this on TV last night. Thats okay cuz the end is the best part...when the angry husband has Christopher Atkins naked in a dinghy and makes him dance. Hahaha.
I remember I went to see this movie with my friend and her aunt when I was in jr high. Luckily her aunt was the type of little old lady who nods off during movies so to this day I'm sure the woman has no idea the movie was about male strippers!
This is the movie that made Heaven by BRYAN ADAMS a hit, but I dont think a lot of people know that.
The movie is about Leslie Ann Warren who is a teacher going to a strip club and finding out the student she's been flunking is a dancer there. They end up having an affair and needless to say his grades (and other stuff!) go up!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of Peaches' post:
quote:
The movie is about Leslie Ann Warren who is a teacher going to a strip club and finding out the student she's been flunking is a dancer there. They end up having an affair and needless to say his grades (and other stuff!) go up!
Gee, how come I didn't get a teacher like that when I was in high school? [Big Grin]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie got trashed by men...(andarent they usually the ones who fantasize about running off with strippers all the time????) but some people said it wasnt just a movie for women cuz guys always had that fantasy in school about pulling out the teachers bun, whipping off her glasses and throwing her on the desk. Or so I am told!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie is actually now on DVD. I saw it on Best Buy. I think it was 6.99.
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, this movie is out on DVD. I bought it off Ebay 2 weeks ago. The clothes are great and the whole Bryan Adams song is cool too. It was just different because for once it wasn't all about T&A. This was for the ladies...Chris Atkins in his birthday suit, pretty brave move on his part. [Razz]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Ouch...its out on dvd for so cheap. And I thought I got a good deal on the vhs that was $5.00!
I'm not saying it's HAMLET, just that its a pretty funny guys-inb-thongs -and-less flick.

And some of the hairdos and clothes are so Totally '80s.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have to admit, I did watch it back in the day but for Leslie Anne Warren. Wasn't she in Aerosmith's Janie's got a gun video? It was a kind of fun movie if I recall, might have to see it again.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep Riptide, good eye on that one! She was the mother in "Janie's Got A Gun."
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched A Night in Heaven (1983)

It was ok but i thought that it would be better.
It starts nicely with that Bryan Adams song and cool bicycle scenes.

But instead of being a teenage dance comedy
this turns out to be a moral story.
Nothing wrong about that but somehow i just don´t like the characters that much.

Jan Hammer did the score to this flick but you barely hear his legendary synth sound.

I didn´t know that John G. Avildsen (Rocky, Karate Kid I-III etc.) directed this.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like the DVD is now OOP and selling for a premium. The cheapest copy at Amazon right now is $68.95!
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Hahaha...I love the cover art that ATOMIK put up. It makes it looks like hes a guy who hangs out in discos a la Travolta, instead of a male stripper. Can you imagine how many young girls are gonna be embaressed when they rent this to watch it with their Moms thinking its gonna be another FOOTLOOSE and then theres men in thongs runnin wild!
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
You know whats disappointing? Andy Garcia is in this movie - a movie about male strippers - and he doesnt strip! I MUCH rather see Andy Garcia get down and grind then Christopher Atkins (Im partial to brunettes)
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely in the so bad its good category, a subset Christopher Atkins seems to have been inopportune enough to have made himself a master of between this and Blue Lagoon.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Could we say that between BLUE LAGOON and this Christopher Atkins was the first 80s "Himbo"???

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home