iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Who are the musicians here?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who are the musicians here?
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know of a certain drummer from across the pond and a certain guitarist on this end of the pond...Are any of you others musically inclined? I do session work here and a reasonable amount of live stuff. Just think, a retro band called "the Rewinders." how novel... [Big Grin]
Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1886

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for shaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sing and boyf is percussionist (bongo's, kit drums and jambo).

Have you heard of a band called Jiggle the Handle?
I don't know what they're like as they're unknown in the UK I think but i'm cousin to one of the guy's in the band.

shaz x

Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Jaymi you big bald dude... My apologies again (i feel so silly).

My voice is my instrument ive been a singer for ages, still struggling but i will make it, there is no doubt in my mind.

My influences are Portishead, massive attack and my favorite artist is David Bowie.

What about you?

Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i

Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't sing but I play a mean triangle!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Triangles are important!?!
Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1886

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for shaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit:

My influences are Portishead.

Everyone say's I sound like Beth from Portishead.

shaz x

Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i

Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I come from a family that is artistically and musically gifted. Unfortunately I am niether. I like the 80s, thats what I'm good at.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL @ Ali! triangle-yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!

i also come from a family with musical talent. my dad sings and plays piano/keyboard. a lot of my cousins/aunts/uncles sing as well.

when i was in 2nd grade, i took piano lessons to learn how to read music. now, i do everything by ear and memory. i want to learn drums, but i would look silly playing.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whoa ali, you are a RETRO AMBASSADOR..how snazzy [Razz]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali you play the trianle???? I play the Spoons!!! [Big Grin] I can also play a mean pot or pan whateveris available!!!
But seriously, I really do evny those of you that do have actual musical talent for I am lacking in all aspects of music. In the musicals that I have done they told me not to sing just sit there and look pretty mouth the words. My specialty was dancing and acting...All the world is a stage.... and I'm sure we are all the biggest hams out there! If we weren't we wouldn't be at this site!! [Wink]

Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to sing, but good luck getting me to sing for ya. I have a little stage fright...actually it's more like person fright. I can't sing infront of a hand full of people but put me on a stage where I can't see who's out there and how many are out there and I'll sing!!! [Smile]
Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I play acoustic slide guitar and some blues harp.
And oh yeah,…I can whistle the theme of ‘Jaws’. Does that count??? [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1050 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
Wow Shaz thats so cool, My friends say i sound a bit like beth too but she is a million miles away from me she is F*!king Excellent... I would like to hear your stuff Shaz!

I met Beth Gibbons earlier this year when she done her concert with Rustin man (Seasons) She is so cool... Have you heard that album its so different.

[ 08. October 2003, 03:55: Message edited by: Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit ]

Ali_with_an_i

Member # 27

Member Rated:
I'm also jealous of those of you that have musical talent. I do enjoy acting a bit, but I love music. It's just too bad music doean't love me! I was thinking of trading up my triangle for a tambourine. Sad thing is, I think I might need lessons. [Frown]
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good topic Jaymi! Yes, I play piano. I started playing by ear when I was 4 or 5 and then took lessons in order to learn how to read music. I've been playing ever since. Definitely a good stress reliever. My grandfather played violin and alot of other instruments by ear so I owe him any talent that I have [Smile] .
Posts: 2220 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Samurai Sweetie   Author's Homepage   Email Samurai Sweetie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been playing Guitar for about 12yrs, and singing for about 6. [Smile]
Posts: 186 | From: Lookout Mountain Road | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Ali_with_an_i:
quote:

I can't sing but I play a mean triangle!

Yeah, you and Ed Grimley! (Martin Short's character from SNL)

[Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home