iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Last 80s movie you watched? (Page 39)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40   
Author Topic: Last 80s movie you watched?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

R.S.V.P. (1984)

"A group of people who were the inspiration of an author's fact-based, best-selling book are invited to a party at a mansion in the Hollywood hills
to celebrate the making of the book into a movie which a series of situations, and bed-hopping begins between all persons involved." (IMDb)

This was a fun and sexy T&A comedy produced by good old Chuck Vincent.
It´s a ambiguous joke every ten seconds fest with lots of beautiful ladies among the cast including Lynda Wiesmeier, Laurie Senit, Arlene Steger and Allene Simmons.

Posts: 7489 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37591

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason R.S.V.P reminded me of The Sure Thing, so watched this afternoon.

-

The Sure Thing (1985)

"A college student plans a cross-country trip to get laid, but ends up traveling with a young woman. They hate each other, so naturally.."

Great Movie with John Cusack, Anthony Edwards ( Talk to me Goose) and Tim Robbins, also a cast of beautiful women.

Posts: 16 | From: On a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless | Registered: Jan 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Renegades (1989)

"An undercover cop forms an alliance with a Native American to help him hunt down the criminals who stole an ancient Lakota tribal lance." (IMDb)

This was a decent action movie directed by Jack Sholder.
The film includes few quite nice action sequences but the problem is that Lou Diamond Phillips´ charater is the only one you can root for because Kiefer Sutherland is total a-hole [Big Grin]
Jami Gertz, Robert Knepper and Bill Smitrovich also star and i liked the end credits tune performed by Bryan Adams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY6fYsU4Syo

Posts: 7489 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Rewatched Ghostbusters 2 (1989) with my son and it´s good fun. Much more PC movie this one compared to the original.
For example the guys smoked cigarettes all the time in the first film but it´s a no smoking team now (well, Aykroyd had a cigar) [Big Grin]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

The Chain Reaction (1980)

"An earthquake in rural Australia causes a dangerous leak at WALDO, a nuclear waste storage facility.
Heinrich Schmidt, an engineer badly hurt in the accident, knows that the leak will poison the groundwater for hundreds of miles around, and wants to warn the public.
His boss, however, is only interested in protecting himself, and believes the accident should be covered up, even at the expense of thousands of lives.
Heinrich escapes from the facility, but is too badly injured to get very far. Lost in the woods and suffering from amnesia, he is rescued by Larry, an auto mechanic on vacation with his wife, Carmel.
As Heinrich tries to piece together his memories of what happened, his boss' thugs are quickly closing in on the trio." (IMDb)

"Mad Max meets The China Syndrome" says the cover and it´s not far from the truth.
It´s a cool but maybe a tad too tame ozploitation film starring Steve Bisley, Arna-Maria Winchester and Ross Thompson.

Steve Bisley was of course Goose in Mad Max and you can also see five other actors from that film in minor roles here, including Mel Gibson.
George Miller was one of the producers and directed two nice car chase sequences.

Pghgirl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37571

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pghgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
 -

Renegades (1989)

"An undercover cop forms an alliance with a Native American to help him hunt down the criminals who stole an ancient Lakota tribal lance." (IMDb)

This was a decent action movie directed by Jack Sholder.
The film includes few quite nice action sequences but the problem is that Lou Diamond Phillips´ charater is the only one you can root for because Kiefer Sutherland is total a-hole [Big Grin]
Jami Gertz, Robert Knepper and Bill Smitrovich also star and i liked the end credits tune performed by Bryan Adams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY6fYsU4Syo

My Husband likes The Sure Thing, mainly for Nicolette Sheridan ha, ha. I watched it once years ago, when AMC used to play 80's movies here and there.
Posts: 77 | Registered: Aug 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Montenegro (1981)

"A bored wealthy housewife on the verge of insanity cuts loose with some lively Yugoslavian immigrants who delight in their bohemian lifestyle." (IMDb)

Director Dusan Makavejev (Coca-Cola Kid) died last week so i watched his black comedy Montenegro which was pretty good stuff.
Susan Anspach stars and gives a chilling bored housewife performance [Big Grin] and the rest of the cast did good too.
Lots on non-pc stuff here which i enjoyed.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love The Sure Thing and also really enjoy Renegades plus I thought Ghostbusters 2 was fun!

R.S.V.P,Chain Reaction and Montenegro all sound like movies I'd enjoy and I'll keep my eyes peeled for them!

-

Seriously nuts 1987 horror which has the daftest of plots but also cool icky effects and atmosphere in spades,good cast here as well also helps elevate this above the norm and it's well shot and directed by the combo team of Stephen Carpenter, Jeffrey Obrow who done the 1982 cult horror and UK video nasty list candidate The Dorm That Dripped Blood plus 1984's little seen but rather good horror feature The Power.

Rod Steiger's over acting is a stand out here and you can't help but laugh when he gets absolutely covered in monster goo and then pulled down a hole by the part human mostly mutant Anthony!

This was fun and actually much better than what I remembered it being but it's crazy daft and would probably fall into the so bad it's good category for a lot of folk out there! 7.5/10

https://youtu.be/yPIKZP5Pdug - The Kindred (1987) trailer.

[ 03. February 2019, 17:28: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3589 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do the Right Thing (1989) (rewatch)
Under the Cherry Moon (1986)

Posts: 3963 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Best of Times (1986)

"Jack Dundee is a meek banker living in Taft, California. He constantly thinks about the 1972 high school football game between Taft and powerhouse Bakersfield.
Dundee drops a perfect pass from quarterback and friend Reno Hightower, and the game ended in a tie.
He wants to replay the game, but has trouble convincing Reno and the town to replay the game. So Jack resorts to desperate measures to make the game reality." (IMDb)

This was ok sports dramedy directed by Roger Spottiswoode and written by Ron Shelton who certainly is no stranger to sports films.
Williams and Russell do what they can but the screenplay isn´t funny enough and there´s nothing really memorable here.
Pamela Reed, cute Holly Palance, M. Emmett Walsh, Donald Moffat and Robyn Lively in her debut are the co-stars.

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

38 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She from 1984. Post apocalypse swords=and-sorcery rip-off that had some ok action scenes but the plot was silly and the acting poor.
Posts: 3669 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 38  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
She rules! [Razz]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Silent Asassins (1988)

"The evil criminal leader Kendrick has kidnapped an elderly biochemist who holds the secret to creating a biological superweapon.
The only person who can possibly stop Kendrick and his gang is L. A. cop Sam Kettle and martial arts master Jun Kim (uncle of a little girl also kidnapped by Kendrick).
Together, they go to war against an army of ninjas to rescue the hostages and bring their kidnappers to justice." (IMDb)

This was a good b-actioner starring Sam J. Jones, Linda Blair, Jun Chong, Phillip Rhee, supersexy Rebecca Ferratti and Mako.

The cover art lies because even though Linda kills one baddie, she´s only Jones´ teacher girlfriend.
This is a very violent film. For example the samurai baddies cut hands and heads with their axes so no wonder this was banned here in Finland back in the day.

Good stuff if you happen to enjoy violent low-budget action films with a simple plot. I do [Big Grin]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks fun Atomik and it also had slight censorship issues here in the UK when it was first released and was cut by 1 minute 18 seconds by the BBFC.

-

You ever seen this Sam Jones thriller (Above) called Under The Gun from 1988 as when I was browsing through the old VHS for sale on eBay a while back I noticed a copy but the guy wanted a bit too much money for it so I left it but it's one that's now on my radar!

Posts: 3589 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, i own Silent Assassins on dvd which was uncut.

I have Under the Gun VHS tape. I´m gonna check it out one of these days and give few comments.

David_J
Rewinder
Member # 37430

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for David_J   Email David_J   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This will be interesting when I post this the last 80s movie I watched was Sorority House Massacre I absolutely love this film it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but it’s always been a favourite of mine.
Posts: 38 | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

As low budget slashers go David_J I think it's pretty entertaining and there's certainly a lot worse out there from this genre ie - Deadly Intruder - http://www.hysteria-lives.co.uk/hysterialives/Hysteria/deadly_intruder.html , - and Splatter University-
http://www.hysteria-lives.co.uk/hysterialives/Hysteria/splatter_university.html both terrible, terrible films and just two examples that make Sorority House Massacre look like a masterpiece but yeah I think it's quite enjoyable and I like the music score plus it builds to a good creepy atmosphere as well!

Makes me laugh but the trailer - https://youtu.be/6YWHITPO1I4 pinches scenes from the awesome Slumber Party Massacre (Below) which if you haven't seen i do so a.s.a.p as you'll probably love it!

-

[ 03. March 2019, 17:03: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

David_J
Rewinder
Member # 37430

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for David_J   Email David_J   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
 -

As low budget slashers go David_J I think it's pretty entertaining and there's certainly a lot worse out there from this genre ie - Deadly Intruder - http://www.hysteria-lives.co.uk/hysterialives/Hysteria/deadly_intruder.html , - and Splatter University-
http://www.hysteria-

lives.co.uk/hysterialives/Hysteria/splatter_university.html both terrible, terrible films and just two examples that make Sorority House Massacre look like a masterpiece but yeah I think it's quite enjoyable and I like the music score plus it builds to a good creepy atmosphere as well!

Makes me laugh but the trailer - https://youtu.be/6YWHITPO1I4 pinches scenes from the awesome Slumber Party Massacre (Below) which if you haven't seen i do so a.s.a.p as you'll probably love it!

-

’ve never seen slumber party massacre another film I must watch at some point
Posts: 38 | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched Gremlins
Posts: 228 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lokin4AReason
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37702

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lokin4AReason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hardbodies ....
Posts: 13 | From: in a soup bowl .... | Registered: Mar 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David_J
Rewinder
Member # 37430

Rate Member
I watched Girls just want to have fun with a young and very lovely Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt I had never seen it before but absolutely loved the film well worth watching to. Another great film of the 1980s.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Carny (1980)

"A carnival comes to a small town. Eighteen year old Donna meets Frankie and Patch, two carnival hustlers.
They earn their living by mercilessly taunting spectators to try to dump one of them into the water by throwing balls. Donna is tired of her work as a waitress and follows them through the South." (IMDb)

This was a pretty good drama with an interesting cast. Stylewise it´s pure 70s stuff with no real plot.
Jodie Foster, Gary Busey and Robbie "The Band" Robertson are good and the cool supporting cast includes Fred Ward, Tim Thomerson, Kenneth McMillan, Bill McKinney, Meg Foster, Bert Remsen, Graig Wasson and Elisha Cook Jr.

Pghgirl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37571

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pghgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atomik, I had never heard of Carny. It's on YouTube in the U.S. I am going to try to watch it this evening. I didn't know Robbie Robertson did some acting too!
Posts: 77 | Registered: Aug 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37591

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched Red Dawn again....

-

Bit of an unbelievable story but thats why we watch movies, some great actors including Patrick Swayze, Lea Thompson, Charlie Sheen, Jennifer Grey, Harry Dean Stanton.

I watched the 2012 remake as well and thought it was good.

Posts: 16 | From: On a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless | Registered: Jan 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Deadly Embrace (1989)

This was a very, very bad low-budget erotic thriller directed by David Decoteau.
Starring Jan-Michael Vincent in a 2 dollar role with Mindi Miller, Linnea Quigley and Michelle Bauer who take their clothes off.
Cheap crap [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home