iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Last 80s movie you watched? (Page 36)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37   
Author Topic: Last 80s movie you watched?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´m not a big Dune fan although it has it´s moments and there´s lots of familiar faces among the cast i enjoy watching. The score composed by Toto is also pretty cool and i own the soundtrack cd.

Reform School Girls, Maximum Overdrive, No Way Out, Hollywood Air Force & Up the Military = all good stuff.

Never seen Titan Find. I own the finnish vhs tape but i know that it´s cut so i´m waiting for a better release [Smile]

Posts: 7292 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley Girl (1983)
Children of a Lesser God (1986)

Posts: 3819 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David_J
Rewinder
Member # 37430

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for David_J   Email David_J   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A film that’s very hard to get hold of but very enjoyable is Blue deville. We had cable tv back in 1988 and I remember seeing a snippet of it on the ad break for Premiere (movie channel) I had searched high and low for this film for many years but could only get it on vhs so I ended up watching it on YouTube. I love this film so much.
Posts: 35 | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting film this Blue de Ville, never heard of it before.
Jennifer Runyon, music by Don Felder... They released almost everything on vhs here back in the day but this isn´t in our database.

Posts: 7292 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David_J
Rewinder
Member # 37430

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for David_J   Email David_J   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Interesting film this Blue de Ville, never heard of it before.
Jennifer Runyon, music by Don Felder... They released almost everything on vhs here back in the day but this isn´t in our database.

Yes also the song till it shines by Bob Seger one of the best songs in a film. I’m glad I have now introduced you to a new film for your database it’s definitely a film worth having on there.
Posts: 35 | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Miao tan shuang long aka City Cops aka Beyond the Law (1989)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099614/

This was a lame Cynthia Rothrock vehicle with stupid jokes and a plot you´ve seen million times.
The film includes also two super irritating sidekick cops David & Johnny. Avoid!

Ray Peterson
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37560

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ray Peterson   Email Ray Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wall Street

I'd never actually watched it all before, and, an hour in, I fell asleep! But fear not, I shall finish it later then catch the sequel by the weekend.

Posts: 28 | From: The Burbs | Registered: Jul 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

A movie special effects man is hired to fake a real-life mob killing for a witness protection plan, but finds his own life in danger - from IMDb.

Watched Fx Murder By Illusion (1986) and it's sequel FX The Deadly Art Of Illusion which is actually 90s - 1991 to be exact so I'll just talk about the original here which is overall a blast to watch with an improbable yet tense plot and some really fun performances from the very likeable pairing of Brian Brown and Brian Dennehy this is a film for me that I've loved from my very first viewing which would have been 86 as I watched it more or less when it very first hit home video and it's one of those movies that just seems to improve with each further viewing especially now it's on the Blu Ray format!

The Blu Ray from 101 films is threadbare with nothing bar the the actual films on each disc and the transfer of the original technically leaves a bit to be desired with a 1080i picture instead of the superior 1080p format and a standard Dolby stereo 2.0 soundtrack instead of a lossless hd audio track but to my eyes and ears it all looked fine enough and a noticeable bump in quality to its previous DVD.

8/10 A really entertaining action thriller!

https://youtu.be/4Gz9pM59vNw - Just An Illusion by imagination which fits the movie perfectly!

https://youtu.be/rDQ1hzfb_B4 - FX Murder By Illusion trailer (1986).

Posts: 3472 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Enemy Territory-1987

Ray Parker Jr. of Ghostbusters theme fame, Jan Michael Vincent as a 'Nam vet in a knife shooting wheelchair, Tony "Candyman" Todd as a gang leader, Lower Eastside ghetto ****hole locations, 80's rap tunes and synth, grafitti, headbands, R rated violence..... needless to say, but highly recommended.

-

BEVERLY HILLS BRATS- 1989

Uuurgh.... the odds of me not liking a Beverly Hills set 80's kidnapping comedy are very low.... yet this movie made that happen. What a pile.

-

POW- THE ESCAPE-1986

Another dud! Seriously, how can an 80's 'Nam flick from Cannon with a poster like this suck? Well, it can. Had seen it before but obviously deleted any memory of it. The only thing worthwhile here is the late, great Steve James.

Posts: 1317 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enemy Territory i really enjoy Jay Lee and I don't actually dislike P.O.W The Escape though it's definitely not one of Cannon's best,never seen Beverly Hills Brats but that's a pretty interesting cast there with Martin Sheen and Rocky's Burt Young.
Posts: 3472 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feel free to take a chance on BHB, but don't say I didn't warn you [Smile] Although humour is subjective, I just didn't find it funny.
Posts: 1317 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
P.O.W. was a decent jungle action feature. Not bad but not among the Cannon classics either.

Still haven´t seen Enemy Territory and i need to check out if i actually have Beverly Hills Brats tape lying somewhere. What about a double feature with Troop Beverly Hills?

Then Beverly Hills Cop 1-3, Beverly Hills Vamp, Down and Out in Beverly Hills, The Taking of Beverly Hills, Beverly Hills Madam, Beverly Hills Girls, Beverly Hills Call Girls... Oops, went a bit too far there [Big Grin]

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Wow... two thumbs up for P.O.W. so far.... you boys must have seen something I didn't.

I might omit a few titles in that Beverly Hills-a-thon [Smile]

Pghgirl
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37571

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Pghgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started to watch D.A.R.Y.L. Yesterday on Movieplex. Honestly it was too boring for me, so I shut it off after 35-45 minutes . I don't know if it picks up at all. I was too tired.
Posts: 12 | Registered: Aug 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Peterson
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37560

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ray Peterson   Email Ray Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aliens Special Edition (Blu Ray)

Such crisp clear beauty on my 48" screen! Perfect Sci-Fi Action but still for me, not as good a film as Alien.

9* out of 10*

Posts: 28 | From: The Burbs | Registered: Jul 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Angel of Fury aka Triple Cross (1989/1992)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106279/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_42

Another sub par Cynthia Rothrock film, this time made in Indonesia.
The plot is ridiculous but i enjoyed the crazy and sometimes brutal action sequences. The awful one dollar score and irritating dubbing make this pretty hard to watch though.

-

Dakota (1988)

This was a very lightweight sunday drama starring Lou Diamond Phillips.
Strong family message here with decent performances from the cast.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Fun 1981 all star big budget box office fiasco which I had not seen for many years and I had a pretty good time with it I thought it was quite funny at times and the cast was really awesome with Beau Bridges, William Devane,David Rasche (TVs Sledgehammer), Beverly D'angelo,Hume Croyn and his wife Jessica Tandy,Terri Garr, Daniel Stern to name just a few!

One of those films that once you've seen you never quite forget it what with crazy scenes of water skiing elephants,runaway rhinoceros and automobile carnage!

Good fun and the UK DVD which i picked up relatively cheap was in wide-screen gave a very decent display of the movie! 7.5/10

https://youtu.be/Bx_wTNAeYSg - Honky Tonk Freeway trailer (1981).

https://youtu.be/UXTtNq7_xWM - Title track Honky Tonk Freeway by Russell Smith

[ 30. August 2018, 08:01: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

DISTANT THUNDER- 1988

Not the greatest tackling of the, at the time, popular "coming home from 'Nam" material, or that good of a movie overall. Part of that is my fault as I can't see Macchio as anything else but the Karate Kid. But I love Lithgow in anything and don't believe I've ever seen a subpar performance from him. He is the saving grace here, for sure.... and the beautiful Canadian locations.

-

THE PICKUP ARTIST- 1987

I don't know what happened to Molly or her choice of roles after the Hughes era, but aside from Betsy's Wedding, which I kinda like, I don't think she made anything worthwhile again.... I mean, Fresh Horses, For Keeps, Strike it Rich and this. It has a certain 80's charm and you gotta love the New York locations, but I wasn't really feeling this one and Downey annoyed me. Might need to revisit down the road and in a different mood.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Own Distant Thunder on DVD Jay Lee and it's not bad and I agree the scenery and performances just about save it!

The Pick-Up Artist I didn't dislike either though I don't have it in my collection and both leads have certainly done better!

-

Russkies - Fairly enjoyable kids adventure where three youngsters take a stranded Russian sailor captive (during the cold war years) when he washes up on the shores of Key West Florida.

Good performance's from the three young lads including Joaquin Phoenix and Peter Billingsley plus terrific shots of the awesome Key West coastline this is a fun though admittedly silly (especially the jetpack finale) kids adventure that is well directed by Halloween 2 helmer Rick Rosenthal who actually has his earlier 1983 Sean Penn prison drama pictured here in one scene playing at the local flicks plus a small cameo from Halloween 2 performer Leo Rossi.

Loved the Commando poster in one of the lads bedrooms plus also the references to Red Dawn this while nothing amazing was quite a likeable little movie that seems to have sadly disappeared over the years as I know it's never been released to these shores on dvd yet let alone Blu Ray though I do know that it has had a US DVD release.

7/10

https://youtu.be/AhGe8z7IU7I - Russkies trailer (1987)

https://youtu.be/vZ7npYH3Aqk - We Can Have It All by Bruce Sudano and Michael Omartian from the soundtrack of Russkies.

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Never seen Russkies.... probably should. Love Key West locations.
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched Uncle Buck.
 -

Posts: 223 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pghgirl
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37571

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Pghgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey you're back kenkobra!
I love Uncle Buck. Cracks me up every time I see it.

Posts: 12 | Registered: Aug 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite John candy movie.

Watched Outlaw of Gor. Got to see what Rick Flair would look like if he was a midget but otherwise I didn't care much for it. That being said , I made it all the way thru unlike another movie I watched.....
SPLITZ. I could not finish this one.

Posts: 1579 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Rewatched Good Morning, Vietnam (1987).

Still good movie and Robin Williams is on fire. Never quite knew that this was so succesfull (fourth highest-grossing film of 1987) and that there was almost a sequel.

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

THE GATE- 1987. Man, I really misremembered this Canuck kids horror flick (is that a thing?) and how awesome it is. As an ardent CGI hater and huge practical FX lover, this is a dream. Sure, some effects holds up better than others, but it is truly fun and innovative stuff all around.

-

WITCHBOARD- 1986

Remember renting this plenty back in the day, and while it might not be any kind of classic, it's got some good scares and Tawny Kitaen with fiery red hair looking hotter than ever.

-

Yeah, baby!

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home