iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » These 80's movies coming to blu-ray? (Page 23)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24   
Author Topic: These 80's movies coming to blu-ray?
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming September 18 from Scream Factory:

Michael Winner's Scream for Help (1984)

Posts: 3818 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Leo Logan:
And coming October 16 from Shout Select:

Valley Girl (1983) with Deborah Foreman and Nicolas Cage!

This is the one I am most excited for.....
Posts: 196 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Impulse (1984) with Tim Matheson and Meg Tilly comes later this year from Kino Lorber.
Posts: 3818 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
September schedule from Kino Lorber:

September 18
Impulse (1984) with Tim Matheson and Meg Tilly
Bat 21 (1988) with Gene Hackman and Danny Glover

September 25
The Trip to Bountiful (1985) with Geraldine Page, John Heard and Rebecca De Mornay

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Tucker: The Man and His Dream (1988) with Jeff Bridges comes August 28.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Scream For Help (my VHS above) is definitely a guilty pleasure being both unintentionally funny and full of your typical Michael Winner sleaze!

Really enjoy Valley Girl, Impulse and Bat 21 as well!

Never seen Tucker: The Man And His Dream Before.

Posts: 3464 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming August 14 from Universal:

The Pirates of Penzance (1983) with Kevin Kline and Linda Ronstadt
The Lonely Guy (1984) with Steve Martin

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Also on August 14 from Universal:

Zoot Suit (1981) with Edward James Olmos

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Arriving October 30 from Shout Select:

Dragnet (1987) with Dan Aykroyd and Tom Hanks

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dragnet with Aykroyd and Hanks has been pretty much forgotten in both guys' filmographies, but I've always thought that it was pretty funny. Time to check it out again.
Posts: 2105 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming July 24 from Warner Archive:

Supergirl (1984) with Helen Slater, Faye Dunaway and Peter O'Toole

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dragnet is quite good fun but still to this day I have never seen Supergirl so I'm going to put it high up on my online rental list so I can finally check it out!
Posts: 3464 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Dragnet with Aykroyd and Hanks has been pretty much forgotten in both guys' filmographies, but I've always thought that it was pretty funny. Time to check it out again.
I'll always remember fondly that mid-late 80's comedy golden age when the Saturday Night Live alumni ruled the video stores, and Tom Hanks was a 'funny' actor. Dragnet is dated and a little weak, but still worth revisiting.

quote:
Supergirl is well made and well cast, but has a horrendous messy script. I love it, but it never made sense.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Creepshow (1982) is being reissued from Scream Factory on October 23.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Kino Lorber has announced that they've signed a new deal with Universal to start releasing their titles at the end of the year! Here are some of their 80s output that really need to make their Blu-ray debut in America:

The Nude Bomb
The Last Married Couple in America
Melvin and Howard
Resurrection
Bustin' Loose
Endless Love
Continental Divide
All Night Long
Heartbeeps
Raggedy Man
Missing
The Border
D.C. Cab
Private School
Eddie Macon's Run
The River
Tank
Hard to Hold
The Wild Life
Cloak and Dagger
Iceman
Mask
Gotcha!
Stick
Legal Eagles
Sweet Liberty
Brighton Beach Memoirs
'Night Mother
The Secret of My Success
Born in East L.A.
Cry Freedom
North Shore
The Allnighter
Cross My Heart
Twins
Biloxi Blues
The Milagro Beanfield War
Moon Over Parador
Madame Sousatzka
Talk Radio
Dad
Renegades

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming in November from the MVD Marquee Collection:

Bright Lights, Big City (1988) with Michael J. Fox, Kiefer Sutherland and Phoebe Cates - November 13
Memories of Me (1988) with Billy Crystal, Alan King and JoBeth Williams - November 27

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Absolutely loads in that list I would like to see released Leo especially Wild Life,Gotcha,Tank, Brighton Beach Memoirs,Biloxi Blues, Private School,D.C.Cab and Renegades.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
The Princess Bride (1987) is being re-released from the Criterion Collection on October 30.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming November 27 from Scream Factory:

Critters (1986) and it's three sequels!

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Also coming from Scream Factory by year's end and early 2019:

Starman (1984)
Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 (1987)
10 to Midnight (1983)
Saturday the 14th (1981)

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming in October from Kino Lorber:

D.O.A. (1988) with Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The ultimate in DIY cult films, Jim Van Bebber's Deadbeat At Dawn (1988), will be released on blu-ray by Arrow, scheduled for October 8th.
Several of Van Bebber's short films (including Roadkill ; The Last Days Of John Martin and My Sweet Satan) will be included among the disc's
extensive bonus features !

More 80s exploitation as Shout Factory has just announced a Naked Vengeance (1985) / Vendetta (1986) double-feature for November 13th !

Posts: 2121 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The truly bizarre, adventurous Born Of Fire (1987), previously released on dvd through the Mondo Macabro label,
will make the leap to HD on this forthcoming blu-ray from Powerhouse Films' Indicator Series, due out September 24th !

Posts: 2121 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Coming September 25:

The Principal (1987) with Jim Belushi, Louis Gossett Jr. and Rae Dawn Chong

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Leo that is a score!!!

We are DEVO

Posts: 4226 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home