iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 44)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is insane!
Posts: 3814 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday my package for June arrived, including this one :

-

Lovely box-set from UK's Powerhouse Films, a company which i'm starting to like more and more each time i buy any of their releases.
Three movies, six discs, lots and lots of bonus features, and a hefty 80 page booklet.

More to follow.. much more ! [Cool]

Posts: 2123 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is gorge!
Posts: 3814 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Cool looking boxset Johnny and how's it going Helen hope your doing ok?

I picked up both these HMV exclusives on Blu the great Donnie Brasco with Pacino and Depp and a movie we were only discussing the other day De Palma's Casualties Of War with Sean Penn and Michael J Fox.

Both the above were on offer for 2 for £15 and you get the Blu Ray + Dvd and also the digital version plus a few picture cards and they come in a clear amaray Blu case case inside a slipcover.

I have seen it way back but was was Tony Scott's The Hunger like with David Bowie and also Outland from 1981 with Sean Connery as there both part of the offer as well.

Worth getting?

Posts: 3486 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warrior. Donnie brasco is very good. The fact that it was based on true events made it sweeter. If you haven't seen any documentaries about Joe pistone(the real life Donnie brasco) I recommend watching if you get the chance.
Posts: 1587 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read the book written by Pistone too. There was also a failed tv series, starring Jason Gedrick as "Falcone".
Posts: 2036 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good friend of mine is friends with Pistone. He says that he's quite a character with loads of stories. Donnie Brasco is a fine movie with great performances by Johnny Depp and Al Pacino.
Posts: 2108 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Pittsburghgirl, do you recommend that book?

Hey CRASH, I bet he has loads of interesting stories and COJONES! Haha

Posts: 1587 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warrior, i haven't seen Outland in ages, but i'd definitely pick up The Hunger.. As a matter of fact, i did ! [Big Grin]
Well, not the edition you're referring to, but the one from the Warner Archives collection.

Here's some more from my June package :

-  -  -

Paul Naschy's Inquisition (Mondo Macabro), obscure 80s splatter-fest Hack-O-Lantern, and upgraded to blu-ray
Blue Underground's new edition of Death Line, which was previously released on MGM region 1 dvd as Raw Meat.

Several more titles i've upgraded to blu-ray include Sergio Martino's All The Colours Of The Dark (Shameless UK),
Ovidio Assonitis' Madhouse and Dario Argento's The Bird With The Crystal Plumage (both from Arrow UK),
and Michael Winner's The Stone Killer and Paul Schrader's Hardcore (both from Powerhouse's Indicator series).

Plus a whole lot of stuff from Vinegar Syndrome, including Horror House On Highway 5, Joe Sarno's A Touch Of Genie,
The Undertaker (the Joe Spinell movie), and Hellbent, as well as their latest batch of vintage erotica dvd's.

Phew, that was quite a succesful month.. [Cool]

Posts: 2123 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the MGM Region 1 of Raw Meat a/k/a Death Line. Until that release, the film was never even released on VHS in the U.S., and it was one of those films that somehow always eluded me. I eventually picked up a blurry VHS copy called "Train de Mort." [Smile] The MGM copy was excellent. It's a great film, one of the best 70s UK horror films.

[ 05. August 2017, 15:37: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2108 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
[QB] Warrior, i haven't seen Outland in ages, but i'd definitely pick up The Hunger.. As a matter of fact, i did ! [Big Grin]
Well, not the edition you're referring to, but the one from the Warner Archives collection.

and Michael Winner's The Stone Killer and Paul Schrader's Hardcore (both from Powerhouse's Indicator series).

Cheers Johnny I'll look at getting The Hunger while it's still on offer, definitely want to get around to watching Hardcore and Raw Meat one of these days as I have heard great things about both!

Managed to finally get around to watching Bronson's/Winner's The Stone Killer for the first time the other year and I really dug it,not many of Charlie's movies I have left to check out with the main ones being From Noon Till Three,Red Sun and Someone Behind The Door which he starred with Anthony Perkins and what I never knew was that it was shot on location about 19 miles from me in Folkestone Kent so that is very high on my to watch list despite it's mostly bad reviews!

Also the TV movie Raid On Entebbe as I'm not sure whether I've seen it before and St Ives from 1976.

[ 10. July 2017, 12:21: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3486 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Picked up a couple of Scream Factory Blu's I got the Once Bitten/Love At First Bite double pack and also my favorite in the series Phantasm 2 plus a cheap Mill Creek triple feature Blu Ray with Blind Fury,Silent Rage and White Line Fever featuring Jan Michael Vincent which is the only one of the 3 that I have never watched before!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Quick question are my pics displaying as sometimes when I check these posts they display where as other times they don't [Confused]

I only ask as I have had to change image hosting sites as I can't afford to give into Photobucket's ridiculous demands of 400 Us Dollars a year.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I can see them. I'm going to have to switch to another one too as photo**** has switched all my pics off now as well. Pigs!
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

After watching these two movies above from Nu image/Millennium Films - October 22 (1998) and Scarred City also from 1998 and being rather impressed with them both I decided to check out some of there other 90s output and picked up these below -

No Code Of Conduct (1998) starring Charlie Sheen and his father Martin Sheen plus the great Paul Gleason (The Breakfast Club) and Mark Dacascos.

The Maker (1997) from the director of the Rivers Edge Tim Hunter and starring Matthew Modine,Mary - Louise Parker, Michael Madsen and a favourite of mine since watching her in The Craft Fairuza Balk.

Hollow Point (1996) from Iron Eagle director Sidney J Furie and starring Thomas Ian Griffith,Tia Carrere,John Lithgow and Donald Sutherland.

-

No Code Of Conduct (1998) trailer -
https://youtu.be/m3zccmjHrOU

Hollow Point (1996) trailer -
https://youtu.be/JaBWkHNlQPQ

The Maker (1997) trailer -
https://youtu.be/qBJxc22Iaqs

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0024720/ - Looking back at Nu Images output during that time (90s) it seemed to be mostly low rent slam bang action flicks but with the difference being (well so far anyway from the ones that I have viewed) that you'd quite often have very competent directors in charge plus from time to time really solid casts!

[ 30. July 2017, 15:35: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Picked up both on Blu Ray Ken Russell's bonkers but great Crimes Of Passion with a stunning looking Kathleen Turner and a nutty as a fruit cake performance from the always terrific Anthony Perkins plus the 1996 Kevin Spacey directed thriller Albino Alligator starring Matt Dillon,Gary Sinise and Faye Dunaway.

[ 05. August 2017, 07:22: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

A few through the post today - on Blu Ray the comedy My Chauffeur and the 1982 British action thriller Who Dares Wins with Lewis Collins and Edward Woodward plus on DVD Intersection with Richard Gere and Sharon Stone.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Finished of decorating the side of one of my film shelves with movie fridge magnets (minus the magnet part) and added a couple of new ones just to finish it off I got Motel Hell, Tightrope and The Karate Kid.

-

[ 10. August 2017, 09:52: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks fantastic! Love that alternate My Chauffeur cover art.
Posts: 7324 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Cheers Atomik yeah I like the new alternate artwork there for My Chauffeur,it's a fun movie and the Blu Ray is actually region free and has terrific sound and picture quality plus some cool extra features including a fun interview with Deborah Foreman.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bro bought it so i´m definitely gonna rewatch the film and interested to see the extra features.
Posts: 7324 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
My Chauffeur is definitely one of the better Crown International films. I've always liked that company. No, they never made films as good as Avco Embassy or even New World, but they made stuff with a lot of love of exploitation films and fun. I saw Galaxina again recently, and while that film gets slammed a lot, I think it's really pretty clever and funny for such a low-budget production. And you can't go wrong with the great Dean Cundey as your cinematographer.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Bit of a mixed bunch (as the usual) of Blu Ray/DVD pick ups these last few weeks I grabbed a couple of horrors on Blu - Waxwork and Ouija - Origin Of Evil which were both upgrades from Dvd plus the great fun 1984 comedy drama Electric Dreams also on Blu plus a bit a oddity but a watchable one at that and that is Party Animal/My Chauffeur director David Beaird's 1984 drama Octavia (US Dvd import) which comes across as a sometimes sleazy feeling love story about a blind young woman who has over the years been kept housebound by her abusive father and then one day meets an escaped convict on her father's grounds and the pair of them soon fall in love and then decide to run off together!

I do also own this title on VHS (below) and I think I do actually much prefer the artwork to my old EIV VHS /Beta cover over my new US DVD (above).

-

[ 02. September 2017, 10:56: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved the Electric Dreams Blu - a great buy for me.

I'm now curious about 'Octavia'...

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Electric Dreams is ace,Octavia if I'm going to be honest is not a great movie as it can be way to melodramatic at times and some of the acting from certain co stars is a bit questionable but it's well shot and despite its many faults strangely watchable!
  This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home