iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Your top 5 John Carpenter films? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Your top 5 John Carpenter films?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
I just watched They Live for the first time. Not trying to sound like a harsh critic, but I felt that the movie was definitely lacking. I thought the movie could have gone for at least half an hour longer and delved alot deeper into the story. I enjoyed it, but at the end, I was thinking, is that it?

I understand your thoughts Bernie.
There´s lots of cool things happening during the last 10 minutes
so you get the feeling "was that it, i want more!"

But this is a movie you have to watch multiple times to really appreciate.
Next time enjoy that laid back feeling, cool soundtrack and those awesome characters.

I´m so glad that there is no sequel to this movie
because i like the mystery
and one can only imagine what will happen next.

Posts: 5279 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax
Rewind Icon
Member # 8571

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll check it out again no doubt. I think I mainly watched it because people on here were goin on about the fight scene between George an Frank. That was pretty good.

I just thought that this film had a truely fantastic premise but failed to deliver on what could have been something truely fantastic. Not trying to knock it all I am saying is that it had the potential to be great.

I wonder if Roddy Piper served as any form of inspiration for Mickey Rourke for The Wrestler cos he did end up looking a fair bit like him in that movie.

Posts: 2035 | From: Kamp Komfort | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
All for Noms and Noms for all...
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for All for Noms and Noms for all...   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Big Trouble
2. Escape From New York
3. The Thing
4. They Live
5. In the Mouth of Madness

Oh Noms, Not the Carpenters!!!! [Cool]

Posts: 2499 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. The Thing
2. Halloween
3. Prince of Darkness
4. They Live
5. Christine

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Author's Homepage   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. They Live
2. The Thing
3. Halloween
4. Big Trouble
5. Escape from NY

Posts: 1506 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home