iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » DVDs or Blu-Rays you have but never watch

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DVDs or Blu-Rays you have but never watch
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Movies you buy because you want to see them, but they end up sitting on the shelf, shrink-wrapped for months on end because you just can't seem to find the time?
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do this all the time.........you want me to name them off? haha what is worse I have to get in the right mood....."what am I in the mood for" mostly for me it's the movies I buy from Goodwill.........Making the Grade i've had for a year now have started it even a few times but haven't been in the "right mood" I guess [Smile] So I go watch a movie i've already seen.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hundreds unwatched movies on the shelves...
Like i´ve said earlier, i want at least a three year vacation starting now [Cool]

This soccer World Cup, three matches per day, is not helping at all [Smile]

Posts: 5403 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually only have a few movies that have never made it out of the wrapper. But I have had several that probably only had one viewing over the years which means I should not have made the purchase.

I do go through my old movies on occasion and donate any that I've upgraded to Blu-ray or realize I will probably never watch again. I do the same thing with old PS3 games. I always ask my co-workers if they have any interest first and I often find several takers.

No surprise .. but most of my buyer's remorse movies are not from the 80's.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Jedi
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy, I wish I could find dvd's at the Goodwill here. All they have are vhs, and they still want $2-$3 each for them. Last year I stopped at a garage sale on my way to pick up my friend, and there was a guy who had a box load of vhs- he said he would take $3 for the whole box. I wanted them, my palms were itchin', but I just don't have the room for them and had to say no. I barely have room for any more dvd's.
I don't think I really have any movies that I wouldn't watch again when I get the chance, or else I have already viewed them at least a few times.

Posts: 1494 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only have a couple that have not made it out of the wrapper,but i am the same in that i have loads that i have only seen once and should never of wasted my money on.I am a bit of a sucker for straight to DVD films and i always think it can't be that bad but normally they are.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As most of you already know, I have a three year old son which drastically limits my movie watching...but I keep buying...that little guy will be in school in a year, then...MOVIES IN THE AFTERNOON...my lifelong dream. As a result, the movies I buy accumulate quite frequently. Once in a while, I just grab an exacto knife and start opening...need to blend them in with the rest so my spending habits are not so obvious. I've created shrink wrap piles so high, I could stand on them to change light bulbs!
Posts: 1927 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a little pile of movies on top of my entertainment center that are still in the plastic and need to be watched...Whenever I see really cheap dvd's/blu rays at Wal Mart or Target I will usually buy them but then don't watch them for a long time for whatever reason. Or sometimes I will buy something because I used to love it a long time ago and then I watch it once and never have any desire to watch it again. Like Valley, I usually go through my collection every once in awhile and either give away or sell movies that I haven't watched more than once so I can free up some space. My local library lets you rent out dvd's for free so I'm going to try and utilize that more instead of buying stuff that I probably won't watch repeatedly.
Posts: 727 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home