iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 99)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 102 pages: 1  2  3  ...  96  97  98  99  100  101  102   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jigsaw - The most fun I've had with any of the Saw films! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3814 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Murder On The Orient Express - Gorgeous looking, great acting especially from Kenneth Branagh, and I had a tear also. Glad to have forgotten the outcome of the original.
Posts: 3814 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The trailer looks sensational in old-school 65mm. And I've always loved Branagh. I'm not sure anyone needed yet another remake of Orient Express, but at least it got the professional treatment.

Geez, the Saw franchise has always left me really cold. I didn't even think that the first one was any good. They are preposterous films. Think about it. Doesn't anyone get suspicious that he has all these deliveries of things such as micro recorders to his place? And he must have the best metal-working equipment on the planet so that he can make all those traps. ROFL

Posts: 2103 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Haha, seen them all but the first and this latest one are the only ones I think are worthwhile.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Oh and the original short film is cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfgtAlpnEf8&t=31s
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Very, very good return from George Miller after all those Babes and Happy Feets.
This is 120 min action orgasm, those who want something else i have only one advice: keep away [Cool]

Posts: 7250 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Kong: Skull Island (2017)

"A team of scientists explore an uncharted island in the Pacific, venturing into the domain of the mighty Kong, and must fight to escape a primal Eden." (IMDb)

This was pretty entertaining popcorn feature with cool cast and nice sfx.
It´s the second MonsterVerse film and i bet there will be more.

Posts: 7250 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Betrayal (2003)

This was a decent thriller directed by Mark L. Lester and starring Julie du Page, Erika Eleniak, Jeremy Lelliot, James Remar and Adam Baldwin.
Nothing new under the sun here but Page gives a nice performance as the ruthless assassin and looks fantastic.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Dallas Buyers Club (2013)

"In 1985 Dallas, electrician and hustler Ron Woodroof works around the system to help AIDS patients get the medication they need after he is diagnosed with the disease." (IMDb)

Great film and awesome performances from Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto so i´m happy they both won an Oscar.
Griffin Dunne was good too!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Man of Steel (2013)

This was a good comeback after the horrendous Superman Returns.
Cool cast, origin story nicely modernized and great sfx. Can we have a sequel, please?!

Another one i watched was Life (2017)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5442430/

"A team of scientists aboard the International Space Station discover a rapidly evolving life form that caused extinction on Mars and now threatens all life on Earth." (IMDb)

Nothing original here but it was a well made sci-fi horror film. Loved the shocking ending.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

The Girl on the Train (2016)

"A divorcee becomes entangled in a missing persons investigation that promises to send shockwaves throughout her life."

This was a very good mystery thriller with great performances from the cast.
Crazy relationships, alcoholism and few nice twists. Cool stuff!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -  -

Watched Doctor Strange (2016) and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) and enjoyed both of them.
Entertaining stuff for Marvel fans.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that Doctor Strange was a step better than Guardians, Vol. 2. I love Vol. 1, but while Vol. 2 is bigger, it's not quite as funny, and the soundtrack is not quite as good.
Posts: 2103 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Doctor Strange was indeed a step better, but only a baby step [Wink]
I loved the Fleetwood Mac (a big part of the film) and ELO songs in GotG Vol. 2!

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I will say that James Gunn does pick fun songs as centerpieces for his Guardians movies--like "Ooh Child" and "Brandy." [Smile]
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Wrestler
Jason X
Scary Movie 2
Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Posts: 3792 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

In the Heart of the Sea (2015)

"A recounting of a New England whaling ship's sinking by a giant whale in 1820, an experience that later inspired the great novel Moby-****." (IMDb)

This was good stuff from Ron Howard. The film looks great and i liked the cast and the story.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -  -

Two 2014 war movies, American Sniper and Fury.

Both good stuff but Fury was slightly better because i liked the cast, i´ve never been a Bradley Cooper fan.

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Last Vegas (2013)

Entertaining comedy with a killer cast, with not only Douglas, DeNiro, Freeman, and Kline.. but also a charming Mary Steenburgen.
Each and every one of these actors have enough talent and experience to make you laugh or cry by only raising an eyebrow. [Big Grin]

The conflict between Douglas' character and DeNiro's (about why he didn't show up at the funeral of his best friend's wife)
is carried out well and provides some seriousness to an overall laidback, funny feel-good movie that's definitely worth a look !

Posts: 2112 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017)

I absolutely loved the first 30-40 minutes but after that it gets rather typical modern sci-fi film.
Overall, entertaining 2+ hours and i hope that they´ll make a sequel.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched The Girl on the Train last night. Unlike Atomik, I found it to be very predictable, except for one twist. Once I knew about each character, I figured out the whodunit right away. I was hoping for a bit better. Overall good acting from the cast.
Posts: 2036 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8 Mile
The Fast and the Furious

Posts: 3792 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Crazy 2016 horror about a couple (Natasha Henstridge,Lukas Hassel) who move into a new home that's possesed by a sex crazed demon this was at times cringinly bad but it was also a lot of fun with some very decent practical effects that gives it a bit of an old school feel!

I do think for some that they will find it all a bit too silly but it's not a badly made Horror/Comedy and while many of the on screen kills are totally ridiculous they never skip on the gore here and there's also quite a smattering of nudity as well though Henstridge unlike many of her earlier roles stays fully clothed throughout!

Horror icon Lin Shaye turns up in a extended cameo here and she has a bit of a look of embarrassment about it all but still it pays the bills!

So overall I liked it but without a doubt it's not going to be for everyone! 6.5/10

https://youtu.be/khoAYSvFnoA - Black Room (2016) trailer.

[ 22. January 2018, 00:01: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3443 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
La La Land (2016)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3783958/

"While navigating their careers in Los Angeles, a pianist and an actress fall in love while attempting to reconcile their aspirations for the future." (IMDb)

Watched this hit musical and while it´s not quite five star material i liked it very much.
Excellent music, locations and cinematography. Recommended!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Spotlight (2016)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1895587/

"The true story of how the Boston Globe uncovered the massive scandal of child molestation and cover-up within the local Catholic Archdiocese, shaking the entire Catholic Church to its core." (IMDb)

Nothing extraordinary here but Spotlight is a well made and acted movie with very important story. Recommended!

This topic comprises 102 pages: 1  2  3  ...  96  97  98  99  100  101  102   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home