iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 105)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 106 pages: 1  2  3  ...  102  103  104  105  106   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first Thor movie is great. The humour content rises with each film and the third one (Ragnarok) is almost pure comedy.
Ragnarok is a silly film but so well made i can´t help but like it [Smile]

Posts: 7467 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The Adjustment Bureau (2011)

Romantic thriller with a certain sci-fi / fantasy element to it, starring Matt Damon, Emily Blunt, and veteran character-actor Terence Stamp.

If you can ignore the none-too-subtle "message" (something about having to fight to retain free will) that's been shoved down your throat
at the end of the movie, The Adjustment Bureau is actually quite an enjoyable ride.

A romantic story with a twist, based on a short story by Philip K. D!ck !

Posts: 2144 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

- posted      Profile for J2ME         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

"Steve Rogers, a rejected military soldier transforms into Captain America after taking a dose of a "Super-Soldier serum". But being Captain America comes at a price as he attempts to take down a war monger and a terrorist organization."

One of these days I'll watch them in order. [Razz]

This was a flawed, but enjoyable addition to the MCU. Good performances all round.

Posts: 1593 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Just finished watching "Sideways". What a great film.

I really want to visit California one of these days!

-

Sideways (2004)

"Two men reaching middle age with not much to show but disappointment embark on a week-long road trip through California's wine country, just as one is about to take a trip down the aisle."

Posts: 1593 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Great film!

-

Posts: 7467 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)

"A mother personally challenges the local authorities to solve her daughter's murder when they fail to catch the culprit." (IMDb)

Loved it! Fantastic story, dialogue and cast, especially the three leading actors shine. Highly recommended!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Navy Seals vs Zombies (2015)

"A team of highly skilled Navy SEALS find themselves embarking on the battle of their lives when they come face-to-face with the undead.
After a deadly outbreak occurs in Baton Rouge, the SEALS must fight for their lives, and the city, against an army of zombies." (2015)

So-so low budget action/horror film starring Damon Lipari, Ed Quinn, Molly Hagan and Michael Dudikoff as Commander Sheer.
Decent zombie action but i hated those cheap computer effects including blood and explosions.

-

Transformers (2007)

Rewatched the first Transformers film with my son and it´s decent popcorn actioner.
The first hour or so works just fine but the final battle is just too long.
I´m gonna watch the sequels too so wish me luck [Big Grin]

Pghgirl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37571

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pghgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sideways and Three Billboards are awesome.
Posts: 63 | Registered: Aug 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pghgirl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37571

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pghgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We went to see Serenity at the theater this past weekend. I would give it 1 1/2 - 2 stars out of 5. Stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathawy, Jason Clarke, Diane Lane. Nice cast right? Well, the acting from Hathaway was like a bad soap opera. And the story has a major twist half way through the movie, and not in a good way. Too many characters with no purpose. I don't want to give the movie away, but this plot is aimed at anyone 20 years old or younger. It's unfortunate, because I really like Matthew and Diane.
Posts: 63 | Registered: Aug 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011)

Another entertaining MI film but not quite as good as MI III.
Cruiser performs some crazy stunts once again and finnish actor/singer Samuli Edelmann played one of the bad guys, aye! [Smile]

-

Yes Man (2008)

Yes! This was a good Jim Carrey comedy, much like Liar, Liar but who cares if it works.
Laughed many times which doesn´t happen often with modern comedies.
Carrey is awesome and i also liked Zooey Deschanel and Rhys Darby. you can also hear Journey´s classic "Separate Ways" on the soundtrack. Recommended!

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

-

The Avengers (2012)

"When the Tesseract, a cube of pure energy with the power to destroy the Earth, is stolen by the nefarious God of Mischief, Loki, S.H.I.E.L.D. leader Nick Fury embarks on a daring recruitment effort spanning the globe to assemble a team of the world's most powerful superheroes to get it back. Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye and The Hulk are brought together to stop Loki. But unfortunately, it'll take more than just assembling them to save the world from the brink of destruction."

Just re-watched this. I think it holds up well.  -

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

-

Thor: The Dark World (2013)

"When Dr. Jane Foster gets cursed with a powerful entity known as the Aether, Thor is heralded of the cosmic event known as the Convergence and the genocidal Dark Elves."

Another fun instalment to the MCU.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -  -

Return to Nuke ´Em High Volume 1 (2013) and Volume 2 (2017)

"When the other students begin to undergo mutations, a lesbian couple must solve the mystery and save Tromaville High School." (IMDb)

These two films include everything you expect and want from a Troma movie and i definitely enjoyed the ride.
It´s bad taste all over the place, the most non-pc stuff you can imagine so beware you easily offended [Big Grin]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Wonder Woman (2017)

This was a good DC superhero film starring very pretty Gal Gadot.
I just wasn´t sure if i liked the WWI setting and the final battle felt forced but hey, it´s a superhero film so you need to have lot´s of explosions and fire [Wink]

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Punch Drunk Love (2002)
Posts: 3941 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Betrayed (2005) aka Bound By Lies a barely watchable erotic thriller with very little in the way of eroticism and even less in the way of thrills plus featuring probably the most ridiculous ending I've witnessed in a long time this was a big disappointment for me as I do like both leads but in my opinion they both looked slightly disinterested here and overall I'd say it's one you may do best to avoid! 5/10

Federal Protection (2002) on the other hand was a lot more livelier with some decent action set pieces,some strong R rated violence (despite this being listed as a TV movie over on IMDb) and fun performances from the always interesting to watch Armand Assante and the beautiful Dina Meyer this was fast paced and consistently entertaining with assured direction from the very talented Anthony Hickox of Waxworks fame!

This is one I could see myself watching again and is one that I have no reservations in recommending! 7.5/10

https://youtu.be/Ta_zB-DqFEg - Betrayed aka Bound By Lies (2005) trailer.

https://youtu.be/ofToToFPplk - Federal Protection (2002) trailer.

Posts: 3571 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The To Do List (2013)

,Feeling pressured to become more sexually experienced before she goes to college, Brandy Klark makes a list
of things to accomplish before hitting campus in the fall.'

Raunchy (but not excessively so), yet awkwardly charming sex-comedy, kinda like a gender-reversed Porky's,
is a fine showcase for lead actress' Aubrey Plaza's comical talent.

The To Do List is written and directed by Maggie Carey, who at the time was married to comedian Bill Hader.
Hader co-stars as the lead character's summerjob slacker boss.

Posts: 2144 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Interesting, i need to check The To Do List out. Thanks for the review, Johnny!
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Alfie (2004)

I watched the Alfie remake too and have to say that i enjoyed it more than the original.
Times have changed and this is much more entertaining film with quite good performance from Jude Law.

Jane Krakowski, Marisa Tomei, Nia Long, Sienna Miller and Susan Sarandon are the ultra sexy co-stars.
The Mick Jagger/Dave Stewart soundtrack includes few tunes i liked. The film was a flop but that doesn´t always mean it´s bad.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

"Sam Witwicky leaves the Autobots behind for a normal life. But when his mind is filled with cryptic symbols, the Decepticons target him and he is dragged back into the Transformers' war." (IMDb)

Crazy, crazy Transformers sequel but also very entertaining if a bit overlong once again.
The film looks great and is all over the place. It´s cool, stupid and silly at the same time and yes, it doesn´t make any sense [Big Grin]

Loved the two hour making of documentary which shows us what kind of man Michael Bay really is. I highly recommend that one!

Pghgirl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37571

Member Rated:
We went to see Cold Pursuit in the theater last weekend. Stars Liam Neeson. Typical Neeson action. A snowplow driver seeks revenge on the drug dealers he believes killed his son. Based on a Norwegian movie, In Order of Disappearance. It was good, a little over the top, with a lot of action.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015)

This series only gets better! This fifth MI film includes many fantastic sequences and the dialogue between the characters is top notch.
It seems that Cruise and writer-director Christopher McQuarrie gel extremely well.

What we have here is the usual cast plus Alec Baldwin in a cool role, Sean Harris as the baddie and the new girl Rebecca Ferguson is phenomenal! Highly recommended!

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

15 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bohemium Rapsody. Pretty good.
Posts: 1620 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 15  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pghgirl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37571

Member Rated:
We watched A Star is Born (Starring Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper). It was alright. Worth a watch. I liked Bohemian Rhapsody better
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Huge spectacle with almost all Marvel heroes. Well made but i never was a huge fan of these gatherings plotwise.
Josh Brolin is very good as Thanos and i still find Dave Bautista´s (Drax) jokes funny.
Part 2 coming this spring.

This topic comprises 106 pages: 1  2  3  ...  102  103  104  105  106   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home