iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 104)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 105 pages: 1  2  3  ...  101  102  103  104  105   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here On Earth (2000)
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016)

Posts: 3928 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)

Watched the live action Grinch film starring Jim Carrey and this is only mediocre stuff, i bet the new computer animated version is better.

Posts: 7425 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -

Watched Mission Impossible II (2005) and Fantastic Four (2000).

Both pretty decent films, entertaining enough stuff but nothing really special.

Posts: 7425 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -  -

4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) and Mission: Impossible III (2006).

The FF sequel is pretty decent stuff just like the first one but i really liked MI: III. Fantastic action sequences and Cruiser rocks!

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

- posted      Profile for J2ME         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Deadpool 2 (2018): "Foul-mouthed mutant mercenary Wade Wilson (AKA. Deadpool), brings together a team of fellow mutant rogues to protect a young boy with supernatural abilities from the brutal, time-traveling cyborg, Cable."

A very cool follow-up. Not sure if I like it as much as the first -- will need to re-watch that again soon. It's still ace, though!  -

Posts: 1589 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

More drama than thriller this slow burn tale has Mike a middle aged guy who yearns to feel young again and is stuck in a passionless marrige with his teacher wife Lisa seeing some sort of escape on the horizon when he forms a friendship with a beautiful young woman Jenna who has just moved in next door whom also seems to be trapped in a somewhat loveless relationship with her abusive car dealer partner Scott.

Really slow moving from the off but kept me interested with some terrific acting and believable characters and I was curious as to where it was all headed and in the end it was just about worth the wait with a somewhat surprising well done finale! 7/10.

https://youtu.be/Yxdx6wJyzsw - The Neighbor (2018) trailer.

Posts: 3551 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Santa Clause 2 (2002) (rewatch)
Surviving Christmas (2004)

Posts: 3928 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

The Florida Project (2017)

"Set over one summer, the film follows precocious six-year-old Moonee as she courts mischief and adventure
with her ragtag playmates and bonds with her rebellious but caring mother, all while living in the shadows of Walt Disney World." (IMDb)

I liked this lively low-budget drama.
The cast did a great job (especially Brooklynn Price and Willem Dafoe), the cinematography shines with bright colours and the story could very well be true.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

-

Train To Busan (2016)

"While a zombie virus breaks out in South Korea, passengers struggle to survive on the train from Seoul to Busan."

Wow, this was a lot of fun. A great addition to the Zombie genre!

Posts: 1589 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I also liked Train to Busan very much.
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

^ I didn't know much about it beforehand, so was pleasantly surprised.  - An animated prequel "Seoul Station" was released in 2016.

Just finished watching:

-

Ant-Man (2015)

"Armed with a super-suit with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, cat burglar Scott Lang must embrace his inner hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, plan and pull off a heist that will save the world."

I really enjoyed this. I've still only seen, at most, half of the superhero movies produced in the last 10 years -- I'll get there eventually, but this was definitely one of the better ones. The story-line isn't exactly anything new, but the movie is well made, and I thought the effects gelled well with the live action sequences.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I didn´t like the "comic gang" in Ant-Man. Too many stupid jokes. I´ve yet to se the sequel (own the blu-ray though) and hope that Ant-Man and the Wasp is better.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -  -

Watched Godzilla (2014) and Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017) with my son.

Both entertaining films. Godzilla rocks as a monster and disaster film, the story and acting could be lot better though.

The Last Jedi looks fantastic and Mark Hamill is great. The story offers nothing new and it´s nowhere near the classic but i kinda felt the SW vibe.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

They were the best part of the movie...

-

-

Yeah...they were kind-of annoying!

I'm still really looking forward to checking out the sequel (after I've seen all the preceding movies first, of course).

Let's see:

B = Seen

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Avengers Assemble
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War
Ant-Man and the Wasp

7?!? I haven't seen even ½ of them.  -

aTomiK, How many have you seen?

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Haha, that´s just what i was talking about [Big Grin]

I own all of them and have seen all but the last two . Watched Black Panther last week and it was pretty bad to tell the truth.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

I haven't seen "The Last Jedi" since it was in the cinema. I want to watch it again soon.

You didn't like Black Panther? It got so many rave reviews... [Razz] [Big Grin]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, it´s the worst of the bunch. The hype, the hype... i´m not jumping to that bandwagon and if you check out IMDb there´s lots of us who see things clearly [Wink]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Batman and Harley Quinn (2017)

My son got this as a christmas present and we watched it yesterday and boy was i shocked! When exactly started DC characters having sex in animated features? [Smile]

It seems that DC launched this DC Universe Animated Original Movies back in 2007 and these films are indeed aimed for more mature audience.

Anyway, i kinda enjoyed watching this film although it´s a mixed bag, cartoonish humour mixed with dirty language, violence and yes, few sexy scenes.

I recall J2ME has watched few of these, can you tell me what are your favorites?

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Thanks for reminding me, I need to get back to watching more of the series.

I have the following:

Batman: Gotham Knight (2008)
Batman: Under The Red Hood (2010)
Batman: Year One (2011)
Batman Return of The Caped Crusaders (2016)
Batman: The Killing Joke (2016)
Batman: Ninja (2018)

I've only seen the bold ones. I enjoyed both of them, but GK has a few weak stories. It's still worth picking up, though.

Ninja is just bat-**** crazy. A real Japanese love letter to Batman.

Yeah, check them both out. [Razz]

[ 11. January 2019, 10:01: Message edited by: J2ME ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks, i will [Smile]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -  -

Red Christmas (2016) and Better Watch Out (2016)

Watched these two australian christmas horror films and quite enjoyed both of them.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better Watch Out is fun Atomik I own the UK Blu Ray and it's got good performances,a great setting and the odd decent twist here and there plus a brief but very welcome appearance from 80s beauty Virginia Madsen.

Never seen Red Christmas before though but have heard of it plus watched the trailer a little while back and no doubt I'll probably get to check it out at some point!

Posts: 3551 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, small but fun role from Madsen. What a foul mouth! [Big Grin]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

The Shallows (2016)

Watched this woman vs. shark film and liked it very much.
Great performance from Blake Lively with very well made sfx makes this a really exciting feature.
Don´t expect too much realism though because that shark is just eeevil [Big Grin]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

-

Thor (2011)

"The powerful, but arrogant god Thor, is cast out of Asgard to live amongst humans in Midgard (Earth), where he soon becomes one of their finest defenders."

I thought this was great. It's definitely one of my favourites.

This topic comprises 105 pages: 1  2  3  ...  101  102  103  104  105   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home