iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » RIP Gary Coleman.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RIP Gary Coleman.
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just seen a report that Gary Coleman the Different Strokes actor had died at the age of 42.
It seems he was taken to hospital in the week after a fall at his home,where he fell into a coma because of a bleed on the brain and died.

Although it was not a cause in his death it's sad to see another 80's actor gone at a relatively young age after his later life being a catalogue of trouble after the 80's fame dried up.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sad...

I loved Different Strokes as a kid and remembered it as being a comedy.
But I recentely watched some reruns on TV and was surprised by the seriousness of some of the episodes.

RIP

Posts: 1056 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he was a security guard after different strokes for a while. I watched different strokes too. Another shame. RIP
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have season 1 and 2 of Different Strokes on DVD. Loved this as a kid but didn't remember many specific episodes. Watched season 1 a while back and was really impressed with Gary's acting as a child...great comedic timing for his age. And not many will side with me on this one, but...I love "On The Right Track". I have a 9 year old cat named.....WILLIS. A special place in my memory bank...RIP.
Posts: 1926 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God rest his soul. Gary Coleman was good actor and Diffrent Strokes was a classic sitcom which, as mentioned above, also dealt with serious issues in a non-patronsing manner.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad news on the weekend while I was travelling. He was so good at a young age, a shame he didn't live to a ripe old age. Been looking for on the right track for ages. Sad about Dennis Hopper too.
Posts: 4304 | From: Tuff Turf Academy | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home