iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Help Me Please!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help Me Please!!
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have spent a little over a year now trying to find someone that has these 2 songs from our favorite decade. I cant find them on Limewire nor WinMX, so I am getting a little desperate. If anyone can help me please let me know!

1) I Wanna Be Rich--I CANT REMEMBER WHO DID THIS ONE

2) Livin In The Lap Of Luxory--Louie Louie (or was it Louis Louis)??

Both were great songs but I cant seem to find them.

BONUS QUESTION: (remember those in HS)? If anyone happens to have the original "Love Is A Contact Sport' by Jellybean. Yes, I know that I can get the Whitney version of it, but JB's is MUCH better. Thanks to anyone that can help this poor soul.

Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missie
MadonnaWannabee
Member # 2186

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Missie   Author's Homepage   Email Missie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember I Wanna Be Rich, but I don't know for sure who sang it...the best result I came up with is Midnight Star, but I can't find a snippet of it on Amazon (I don't use download sites).

Hope this leads you in the right direction...

Missie

Posts: 432 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the song, i wanna be rich (i think that's the title) was sung by CALLOWAY. not sure if my spelling is correct though.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats the one! Thanks Ronnie.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no probs, richie. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missie
MadonnaWannabee
Member # 2186

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Missie   Author's Homepage   Email Missie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calloway...as in Cab Calloway? The old guy???

Missie

Posts: 432 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

33 Updates!

couldn't tell ya missie. i just remember the name and that song, which i couldn't stand hehe.
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
No, it wasnt a Cab C. song, but it was good, although OVERPLAYED!! Anyway, I had some luck thanks to Ronnie remembering the name of the group and actually found the first 2 songs that I asked for. I also downloaded the following, I cant believe I forgot about some of these songs but they all started coming to me:

If You Were Mine-The U-Krew
Symptoms Of True Love--Tracie Spencer
Tic-Tac-Toe--Kyper
Bad Of The Heart-George LaMond
2 To Make It Right-Seduction
The Truth-Tami Show

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home